Effective Date: October 2021
Overview of ReadingGlasses101.com
Information We Collect
- Personal Information provided by you (such as via a resume uploaded to our Site or a job application sent using our Site) or collected from third party sources as described below.
- Publicly available data about you from third party sites and sources, including profiles created by you on other websites, or other information you have publicly shared for the purpose of advertising or informing others about your background.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address) if you buy products on our Site.
- Your demographic information (such as zip or postal code, occupation, education, and experience, and if you choose to provide it, age, gender and race or ethnicity). We collect this information either through the registration process, from your resume or in the manner described below.
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
- Technical information about your use of our sites or apps, as described below.
We may obtain information about you from various sources, including directly from you via our Site, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events, contests, or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties, as well as from publicly available information.
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type and other operating system support information).
- Pages and URLs that refer visitors to our Site, also pages and URLs that visitors exit to once they leave our Sites.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our Site.
- Dates and times of visits to our Sites.
- Information on actions taken on our Site (such as page views, site navigation patterns and job view or application activity).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our Sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our Site.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register, manage and maintain your account on the Site.
- Provide products or services you request.
- Maintain your resume and/or Profile and make it available to recruiters through our products and services.
- Process, validate and deliver your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone).
- Maintain a record of the jobs you view or apply to on our Site.
- Inform you of relevant job postings that may be of interest to you based on your interests as expressed previously through your job search behavior and preferences.
- Provide administrative notices or communications applicable to your use of the Site.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Contact you and deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests (such as relevant services) enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media; and solicit your feedback and input. These communications will contain links for preference management and, where appropriate, unsubscribe links should you decide you do not want to receive further communications.
- We also use non-personally identifiable information and certain technical information about your computer and your access of the Sites (including your internet protocol address) in order to operate, maintain and manage the Sites. We collect this information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons.
Information We Share
All users should be aware that when they choose to display or distribute Personal Information (such as their email address or other contact information on a public resume) via the Site or any other distribution method, that information can be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. These service providers are required by contract or law to only use or disclose the information as necessary to perform services on our behalf or as otherwise required by law. Where we have knowledge that a service provider or partner is using or disclosing Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with this Policy, ReadingGlasses101.com will take reasonable steps to prevent or stop such improper use and/or disclosure.
ReadingGlasses101.com preserves the right to disclose without your prior permission any Personal Information about you or your use of this Site if we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) protect and defend the rights, property or safety of ReadingGlasses101.com employees, other users of the Site, or the public; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that apply to use of the Sites; (c) as required by a legally valid request from a competent governmental authority; or (d) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third-parties. We may also disclose Personal Information as we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request.
In addition, Personal Information we have collected may be passed on to a third party in the event of a transfer of ownership or assets or a bankruptcy or other corporate reorganization of ReadingGlasses101.com.
About Cookies, Tracking Choices, and Third Party Advertisers
A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser.
We use third-party advertising companies who may place or access cookies on your computer hard drive to distinguish your web browser uniquely and to keep track of information relating to serving ads on your web browser, such as the type of ads shown and the webs pages on which the ads appeared. These companies may use information about your visits to these Sites and to other sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you on our Sites or on other, third party, sites. We also may give third party advertisers the ability to tailor their advertisements on our Sites using demographic and preference information we provide to them in aggregate form. This information does not identify you individually.
These companies operate under their own privacy policies and ReadingGlasses101.com encourages you to be aware of the privacy policies of such companies. ReadingGlasses101.com does not have control over or access to any information contained in the cookies that are set on your computer by third party advertisers.
ReadingGlasses101.com does not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. However, to help prevent and limit the automatic collection of information by any participating third-party advertisers, including the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities over time and across third-party Web sites or online services.
Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other sites for your convenience and information. These sites may be operated by companies not owned by ReadingGlasses101.com. These other sites or linked third-party sites may have their own privacy notices, which you should review if you visit those sites. We are not responsible for the content of any sites not owned by ReadingGlasses101.com any use of those sites, or those sites’ privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
ReadingGlasses101.com maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the Personal Information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Please note that no electronic transmission, storage or processing of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard Personal Information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective. Therefore, although we are committed to protecting your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal Information will always remain private or secure. As a user of the Site, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the Site, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the Site.
California, USA Residents
California law permits its residents to request and receive information about a business’ disclosure of certain categories of Personal Information to other companies for their use in direct marketing. If you are a California resident and a user of the Site, CONTACT US page at www.ReadingGlasses101.com/ContactUs or by writing to ReadingGlasses101.com, 892 Worcester Street, Wellesley, MA 02481, Attention: Customer Service. Please include your name and email address in email requests, and your name and postal address in mail requests.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not use the Site. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
How to Contact Us